Retired U.S. Army Lt. General Mark Hertling: “The President Lied And Then Attempted To Blame The Generals” for Niger Ambush

During an interview with CNN’s Chris Cuomo, retired U.S. Army Lt. General Mark Hertling described President Donald Trump’s behavior around the four U.S. soldiers who were ambushed and killed in Niger two weeks ago “shameful.”

Earlier in the segment, Cuomo suggested that Trump’s false accusations against former President Barack Obama as a “fog of distraction” from the real story.

“I promise you, it will work,” Cuomo said. “Everybody will talk today about what he said about Obama and who was more sensitive but it’s all a distraction.”

Barbara Starr, a Pentagon correspondent, says it’s been 13 days since the attack that left Staff Sgt. Dustin Wright, Staff Sgt. Jeremiah Johnson, Staff Sgt. Brian Black and Sgt. La David Johnson dead. Wright’s body was not retrieved and left on the battlefield for several days, and yet, no one has said what happened.

“On several occasions… the president lied and then he attempted to blame the generals for telling him what he lied about,” Hertling said. “And then the most important thing is he was making excuses for not having made contact after 12 days. All three of those things are not a good look for a commander in chief. You asked me to be your military analyst, this is the simplest thing I’ve analyzed yet. A commander, which the president is, to do the kinds of things he did yesterday — I would put it in a shameful category, to be honest with you. My colleagues and peers, both retired and active, felt the same way.”

 

 

San Juan Mayor Calls Trump “Hater in Chief” After He Threatens To End Federal Aid To Puerto Rico

As U.S. territory Puerto Rico continues to struggle after back-to-back devastating hurricanes, President Donald Trump threatened to stop sending federal aid in a series of Tweets on Thursday, according to Huffpost.

Trump quoted Fox News regular and conservative journalist Sharyl Attkison and blamed the blasted Puerto Rico for its growing financial crises and threatened to stop Federal Emergency Management Agency aid.

On Thursday afternoon Trump Tweeted: “‘Puerto Rico survived the Hurricanes, now a financial crisis looms largely of their own making.’ says Sharyl Attkisson. A total lack of accountability say the Governor. Electric and all infrastructure was disaster before hurricanes. Congress to decide how much to spend. We cannot keep FEMA, the Military & the First Responders, who have been amazing (under the most difficult circumstances) in P.R. forever!”

Citizens of the hurricane ravaged island have begged the federal government for more help, including San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz, who has been a harsh critic of the White House’s response.

Cruz also responded to Trump’s new tweets by describing him as a “hater in chief.”

“@POTUS your comments about Puerto Rico are unbecoming of a Commander in Chief they seem more to come from a ‘Hater in Chief’.”

Last week when the president visited the island, he consistently praised his administration and himself for the doing such a great job while complaining about how Puerto Rico has “thrown our budget a little out of whack.”

171003141618-02-trump-paper-towels-puerto-rico-10-03-2017-large-169

A Family Of Five Finally Freed After Being Imprisoned By The Taliban For Five Years

After almost 5 years of being held captive by the Taliban in Afghanistan, An American Woman, her husband and three children were freed by Pakistani security forces according to a report by CNN’s Ryan Browne and Barbara Star.

In 2012, Caitlan Coleman and her Canadian husband, Joshua Boyle, were captured by the Taliban while on vacation in Afghanistan. Coleman was pregnant at the time and they had two more kids while being held as prisoners.

The Pakistani Army released a statement shortly after finding the family with the help of US intelligence agencies:

“The operation by Pakistani forces, based on actionable intelligence from US authorities was successful; all hostages were recovered safe and sound and are being repatriated to the country of their origin. The success underscores the importance of timely intelligence sharing and Pakistan’s continued commitment towards fighting this menace through cooperation between two forces against a common enemy.”

President Donald Trump released a statement on Thursday confirming the release of the prisoners.

“The United States government, working in conjunction with the government of Pakistan, secured the release of the Boyle-Coleman family from captivity in Pakistan,” read the statement.

“This is a positive moment for our country’s relationship with Pakistan,” Trump added. “The Pakistani government’s cooperation is a sign that it is honoring America’s wishes for it to do more to provide security in the region.”

 

Watch: Kellyanne Conway Blasts Hillary Clinton For Keeping Harvey Weinstein’s “Dirty Money”

During an interview on Fox News on Wednesday, President Donald Trump’s counselor Kellyanne Conway criticized Hillary Clinton for being a hypocrite by taking so long to speak out about Weinstein’s treatment of women.

Although host Bill Hemmer avoided talking about Trump’s sexual assault allegations, he asked Conway how she felt about the fact that it took several days for Clinton to denounce the film producers’ actions.

“I felt like a woman who ran to be commander-in-chief, president of the United States, the first one ever, who talks about women’s empowerment, took an awfully long time to give support to those women who were coming forward,” Conway said. “And has still — as far as we know — kept the money, kept the dirty money that dirty Harvey has given her in her campaign.”

“She needs to not be a hypocrite on women’s empowerment,” she added. “And what it means to be pro-woman. She spent one solid month at this time last year talking about [the Access Hollywood audio tape] from 11 years earlier, where a statement was made by the now-president of the United States, who was victorious!”

When President Trump was asked about the news of Weinstein’s action, he admitted knowledge but offered no condemnation of the action and didn’t offer support to the victimized women.

download

“I’ve known Harvey Weinstein for a long time,” the president said. “I’m not all surprised to see it.”

Trump Threatens To Shut Down Any Network That Doesn’t Agree With Him

President Donald Trump has responded to an article written by NBC by threatening to shut down any American networks that reporting what he claims to be “Fake News,” according to a report from The Independent.

“With all of the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for country!” Trump wrote.

NBC News cited several officials who were in the room when the president suggested that the US increase their nuclear arsenal tenfold after being briefed about the steady reduction of nuclear arms since the 1960s.

“Fake @NBCNews made up a story that I wanted a ‘tenfold’ increase in our US nuclear arsenal,” Trump tweeted before threatening the news station. “Pure fiction, made up to demean. NBC = CNN!”

President Trump has regularly attacked news networks who criticize him, claiming that they are spreading “fake news.”

Several in the government have commented on Trump’s threat, and Sen. Ed Markey even wrote a letter to FCC chairman Ajit Pai on Wednesday to fight against censorship:

“It is inappropriate for the President to propose challenging broadcasters’ licences because he disagrees with their coverage. The First Amendment is the cornerstone of our democracy, and the news media plays an instrumental role in educating the American public and holding elected officials accountable. Any insinuation that elected officials could use the levers of government to control or sensor the news media would represent a startling degradation of the freedom of press.”

 

White House Back Tracks Trump’s IQ Test Challenge To Tillerson: It Was “A Joke”

During Tuesday’s afternoon briefing, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders claimed that President Donald Trump’s “IQ test” challenge to Tillerson was “a joke and nothing more,” according to a report by The Washington Post.

“The president certainly never implied that the secretary of state was not incredibly intelligent,” Sanders said.

Last week, NBC News reported that Secretary of State Rex Tillerson called Trump a “f*cking moron” and criticized his knowledge of foreign policy. In response, Trump suggested an “IQ test” challenge during an interview with Forbes magazine.

“I think it’s fake news,” Trump said, “but if he did that, I guess we’ll have to compare IQ tests. And I can tell you who is going to win.”

Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and Tillerson met with the president on Tuesday for lunch, which was described as “a great visit” by Sanders during the news briefing.

“Maybe you guys should get a sense of humor and try it sometime,” Sanders told reporters.

When reporters questioned Trump about his relationship with the Secretary of State, Trump said, “We have a very good relationship. We disagree on a couple of things. Sometimes I’d like him to be a little bit tougher. But other than that, we have a very good relationship.”

BDE002E1-C281-4077-AF4F-FCA4A6D6125C_w1023_r1_s

Watch: All 52 Republican Senators Refuse Interview With Wolf Blitzer After Trump’s Attacks On North Korea And Corker

According to CNN host Wolf Blitzer, he reached out to all 52 GOP members of the United States Senate and all refused an interview after a weekend that saw President Donald Trump tweet attacks against both North Korea and Republican Senator Bob Corker.

Trump became furious after Corker described the White House as an “adult day care center” in an interview over the weekend. The Tennessee senator also expressed fear that the president was bringing the world closer to “World War III” with his rhetoric against North Korea.

“We reached out to all 52 Republican senators here in Washington to appear on today’s program,” Blitzer explained. “I got no takers. At least, not yet. All of the offices said the senators were either not available or they didn’t respond to our request.”

Steve Bannon Suggests Sen. Bob Corker “Resign Immediately” For Attacking Trump

During an interview with Fox News’ Sean Hannity on Monday, former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon insisted that Republican Sen. Bob Corker “resign immediately” for attacking President Donald Trump.

“Sen. Corker is an absolute disgrace,” Bannon said. “If Bob Corker has any honor, any decency, he should resign immediately. He should not let those words stand.”

Bannon, who was forced to resign in August, said the Tennessee Senator’s comments were “totally unacceptable in a time of war.”

“We have troops in Afghanistan, in the northwest Pacific and Korea, we have a major problem that could be like World War I, in the South China Sea, in the Persian Gulf, we have American lives at risk every day.”

The New York Times released a report on Sunday in which Corker claimed he was worried that Trump’s unpredictability could cause “World War III” and claims that Trump “hurt” America with his Tweets. The senator also claimed that the “vast majority” of Republicans feel the same way.

“Look, except for a few people, the vast majority of our caucus understands what we’re dealing with here,” Corker said. “Of course they understand the volatility that we’re dealing with and the tremendous amount of work that it takes by people around him to keep him in the middle of the road.”

Bannon also said that he will be ramping up a war on the established Republican politicians.

“We’re going to go after them. There’s a coalition coming together that’s going to challenge every Republican incumbent except for Ted Cruz,” Bannon continued. “We are declaring war on the Republican establishment that does not back the agenda that Donald Trump ran on. We’re going after these guys tooth and nail.”

Steve-Bannon-1

Trump Refused To Help Injured 80-Year-Old Because He Said It Was “Disgusting”

During an interview with shock jock Howard Stern in 2008, President Donald Trump bragged about how he turned away after witnessing an 80-year-old man fall off a stage and hit his head, according to a report by Yahoo News UK.

The old man’s injury was “disgusting” according to the disturbing confession Trump made.

The president described the incident, which happened during a charity dinner at is Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida: “We had the Marines. And the Marines were there, and it was terrible because all these rich people, they’re there to support the Marines, but they’re really there to get their picture in the Palm Beach Post.

“So, you have all these really rich people, and a man, about 80 years old – very wealthy man, a lot of people didn’t like him – he fell off the stage. So what happens is, this guy falls off right on his face, hits his head, and I thought he died.

“And you know what I did? I said, ‘Oh my God, that’s disgusting,’ and I turned away.

“I couldn’t, you know, he was right in front of me and I turned away. I didn’t want to touch him. He’s bleeding all over the place, I felt terrible.”

Trump said he just sat there and waited until the Marines, who were being honored at the event, came and carried the man away.

“They call it a human stretcher, where they put their arms out with, like, five guys on each side. I was saying, ‘Get that blood cleaned up! It’s disgusting!’ The next day, I forgot to call [the man] to say he’s OK,” Trump said. “It’s just not my thing.”

170926-Stern-howard-stern-trump-tapes_yv18tu